I think this is one of the most disgusting stories I have ever read. There is not only animal abuse and death, but in the story, Poe kills off his own wife. My family has a dog who is always constantly under our feet, but we would never dream of causing her any harm at all. I have to say one of the grossest parts was when the cat had its eye cut out. Just picturing that in my mind is horrible, and I would never ever even think about doing that in my life. I don't like cats because I'm allergic to them, but I would not hang a cat just because I am in a bad mood. I think this does not really relate to me, but there are some people in the world who abuse their pets. We have Humane Societies to take care of the animals that are mistreated by their owners. There are also people who abuse their husband or wife. I know I would never even think of doing either, but some people actually do mistreat others. If it wasn't for the cat, the man in the story never would have been caught for his bad deeds. I would hope that, like in the story, the person guilty is caught for their wrong doing.
I got the story from http://poestories.com/read/blackcat

No comments:
Post a Comment