Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ron Franz Poem

My Wild Child
It all started when I took him to his camp past the Oh-My-God Hot Springs,
That’s where I took him and I learned about all kinds of different things.
I’ve had a rough life; my wife and child died,
And I can’t even tell you all the tears that I’ve cried.
When I saw this boy, I felt something inside,
The part of me came alive that I long thought had died.
He told me in the spring he would be leaving,
So I helped him make some things he would be needing.
I taught him leather making, and he made a beautiful belt,
Looking at him, I could not suppress the love for him I felt.
Then I received a call and I heard his voice speaking to me.
I went to pick him up right away, and his face was the only thing I could see.
He told me he would only be staying with me for a day,
I acted like that was fine, but I didn’t want us going separate ways.
The trip to Carthage was quiet; we were in the middle of who knows where,
I didn’t care as long as I knew Alex was there.
There were times when I knew he didn’t want to be bothered,
I asked him if I could be his adopted grandfather.
He wrote me a letter telling me to live in the wild,
And I took his advice and moved to the woods feeling once again like child.
He changed my life and I’ll never forget him,
My love for Alex will never ever dim.


Picture Sources

No comments:

Post a Comment