Saturday, February 12, 2011

Where I want to travel

My family doesn't travel around all that much.  If there was one place that I would want to go, it would be South Carolina.  My friends always talk about how they love Myrtle Beach, but I have never been.  I have always wanted to go horseback riding on the beach, and I have heard that they have some programs where you can go with a guide on the beach.  I would probably take a car to get there.  Me and my friends want to go when we graduate from John Carroll for a week or two of the summer.

While I am there, I would also want to go to Broadway at the Beach.  It is a place to go shopping, dining, and of course, see some theater shows.  I think this would be a good place to go for a day of my trip.  There is also a water park, an aquarium, and the NASCAR speed park.  Not a lot of people know this, but I like to watch the NASCAR races with my dad.  We are huge Jeff Gordan fans.  There is also an IMAX 3-D theater there. I think this would be a really fun place to go for a day or two.

I would also like to go to Thoroughbred Country.  Horseback riding is one of the main reasons I want to go to South Carolina.  I ride an ex- racehorse Thoroughbred, and I would really like to go to Thoroughbred Country to go trail riding.  Horses are basically my life even though the rest of my family can't stand them.  When I graduate, I am going to take two of my horse loving friends with me so I won't have to deal with my parents or brother complaining about the smell.
Thoroughbred Country is ideal for horseback riding
That is my dream vacation, horses, the beach, and theater.  That is all of my favorite things on one fun trip to South Carolina.  Now that I wrote this, I really do want to go there for summer break after graduation.  It would be a dream come true.

5 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    Great blogging! I really loved your travel blog. I felt like i visited there already with all of your details. There is one sentence in that blog post though that starts with "Me and my friends..." Change it to read "My friends and I..." - thanks! Also, think about adding an image to your dream blog. Otherwise, awesome work!
    95/100 A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda, this is an awesome blog!! It has great detail about where you want to go!! I loved the pictures as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I didn't know you were so into horses! Huh, guess you learn something new everyday(;. I really like that you would base your whole vacation around the things you love to do. Pictures are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to go to Myrtle Beach too! It sounds like such a fun place! I love your writing and descriptions, especially about South Carolina! The pictures are great!I hope you get to go there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I would love to go there sometime!! I've been to north carolina, but ive only passed through south. I love your blog by the way! its vewry creative! good job!

    ReplyDelete