Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Summer Reading Research Topic

By: Amanda
            My topic for my research paper is drinking and its effects on both teens and adults.   The seven search terms I am using are; teen drinking, alcohol abuse, alcohol effects, peer pressure into drinking, accidents caused by drinking, reducing drinking among teens, and media effects on teen drinking.  I chose this topic because there was drinking among teens, and one person was kicked out of the camp because she was caught drinking.  I already know that 80% of kids under the age of 18 have had an alcoholic beverage before.  I also know that teens think the actors in alcohol ads are younger than 21, which sets the example that if celebrities are drinking underage, I can too.  Many teens today are pressured by peers to drink underage.  I chose this image because it shows the one girl tipping the glass for the other girl to make her drink, even if she might not want too.  This topic means a lot to me, because people my age drink.  A shocking amount of teens drink for various reasons.  I feel I should become more aware of this fact, so I will be prepared for the rest of my teenage years to abstain from drinking.

(Note: the first and last website are not the exact location of where I found the document, they are the home page for each web site)

No comments:

Post a Comment