Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Washington DC Trip

Yesterday I went on a school trip with my English class to the Folger Shakespeare Theater in DC.  The show was entertaining, and I learned a lot about how to understand Shakespeare.  I got to see the folio which was really cool to see, but I didn't get to look for long because they had camera men filming it.  The show was very useful to me because they gave me tips on how to better understand Shakespeare's language.  My favorite part was when they had volunteers act out dying.  Each kid had his or her own unique way of dying.  I wished they had had a little more costume on.  They just had jackets which didn't really set the mood.  The theater itself was beautiful with lots of really neat pictures and paintings.  The stage was well lit and the actors were terrific.  I would definitely recommend going there!  After the show, we went to lunch.  I got some Chinese chicken and rice with potatoes.  It was amazing!  Then my friend Katherine and I got pretzels for dessert!  It was such a good day.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Blog Amanda it is very interesting and informative!! I especially enjoyed the part about the pretzels! :)

    - GRASIAN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post Amanda! I thought the play was interesting too. I agree how there should have been more costumes but it was still good! Good job!! :)

    ReplyDelete